Lime Light on Rites
Lime Light on Rites is a dance work that explores how the media, through marketing and publicity, exploits people’s emotions.
As death is big business in South Africa there is great social pressure to have big funerals and this is compounded through the advertising and marketing strategies that play on the poor and the weak communities.
• Goethe on Main – Johannesburg 2010
• Jomba!Contemporary Dance Experience – Durban 2010
• National Arts Festival – Grahamstown 2011
• Mzanzi Fela Festival – Pretoria 2011
• Play > Urban Festival - Park in Johannesburg Central 2012
• Danse L’Afrique Dans - Soweto Theatre 2012
• Pôle Sud - Strasbourg 2013
• Live Art Festival - Cape Town 2014
Originally produced in partnership with the Goethe Institute South Africa in 2010